Monday, August 26, 2013

Cheap Eats, Oh Look Some Vodka....

Suuuuup People, I'm back again with another edition of cheap eats.  In case you can't tell I am a bit of a booze hound. Everyone drunk liquor enthusiast has a drink of choice. Mine is vodka. Oh dear sweet vodka, how I love thee. Serioulsy people, I effing love the stuff. Even though I never drink to the point of intoxication I would empty a 1.5L bottle in less than 2 weeks. Drinking can be heavy on the wallet, so I am always on the look out for a cheaper but decent vodka. It is easy to find cheap vodka. Hell I have some in the kitchen now that I use to clean my mead making equipment.

Pictured: Sanitizer

However cheap and good is another story. One day I was in a package browsing the wall of  vodka when I saw a 1.5L bottle for $14.99. Meh, that is nothing new. Then I noticed it was one shelf below top shelf. My wallet tingled with excitement. 


I got it home and gave it a try. Now I am not going to sit here an tell you how smooth and full of flavor it was and all the stuff you may see on a professional vodka review. I am not that good.

What I will tell you is that it is drinkable, dare I say good. It is no Grey Goose,  not even Three Olives, but it is quite a bit better than Smirnoff which to me tastes like vodka mixed with dirt. I have since then bought three bottles of this. I won't lie. There are much better vodkas on the market. However for 14.99/1.5L, with a decent taste and great mixability this cannot be beat. I give this a solid 10/10 for value. Next time you are having a party and you need a lot of vodka for a little bit of money. I give this a try for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment