Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What We Gave At Christmas

It's been a good 2 weeks since Christmas but I thought I would share the gift that the Man
 and I made for our family: Cinniman Rolls! We got the idea and recepe from 
The Pionner Woman on foodnetwork. She made it look so fun and good and amazing
...so of course we had to try it!

First, we made the dough. There's no picture for for that but it was very simple to mix. 
We let it sit for about 30 minutes to rise and took about half of the dough to start the next step!


I cleared off a space on our cluttered counter (after all, we were 
making a whole Christmas Dinner!) and pour out some All Purpose Flour.


Than, I spread the flour around just a bit.

 Oh, did I mention that The Man and I are newly weds? Yeah, we were 
definitely having a couple good laughs during this process. That's when 
The Man dared me to throw up the dough and let it splat on the counter...

So, i did. It's kind of a blurry shot...


And SPLAT! It was pretty hilarious at the time...but than again-at the time-we were
 drinking a generous portion of Christmas spice rum...so yeah, seemed like the right 
thing to do at the time.


Than I rolled out the dough nice and thin. That Oblong shape was 
SUPPOSED to be a rectangle, but turns out such feats were 
impossible in my giddy state. Oh Well.


Than The Man added lots of melted butter...


He rubbed it in nice and even-like.


Than came a shower of sugar, cinnamon...and maybe a bit more butter!


We carefully rolled it all up into one long log.


I sprinked a little flour over the top and carefully slice about two dozen
 cinnamon rolls from the "log". As I did that, The Man would take each roll
and organize them into foil baking pans until all our pans were full. 
(we used the other half of the remaining dough a couple day later)


We put a cloth over the raw rolls to let them rise for 20 minutes and than baked 
them at 350 for about 25 minutes. While they baked, we mixed strong coffee, 
maple extract, and powdered sugar together to make the icing which we 
applied immediately after the rolls came out of the oven! Yum!

And TA-DA! The end results before we wrapped them up: soft gooey sticky 
cinnamon rolls for all my siblings and both of our parents! YAY!!!!! So Fun. So Delicious!

Love,
YET

No comments:

Post a Comment