Thursday, January 3, 2013

Trip To The International Market


So not too long ago I went to the international market "The H Mart". The moment you walk in the door you are bombarded by a smell of fish.

Once you walk in you are greeted by a site of a huge  produce section that can and will put any walmart to shame.


Unfortunately I only have one pic of that. Like a tard I didn't get many pics.

As I roamed throughout the store I begin to notice they sell some really weird stuff. Observe.



The above is by far not the weirdest thing I saw.


As I wandered throughout the store, I saw products that I had never seen before or in some cases never wanted to see again.



To this day I have no idea what the hell that was. Not everything in the store crawled out of my nightmare. Some items didn't look half bad.




I've noticed that a lot of products use red beans in sweet foods. I saw tons of red bean based deserts.





RANDOM BABY PHOTO



Nope not my kid.  My niece.

Anyways there were some products that I tried. Like this one. It has a weird glass ball in it that you have to puncture the seal around it to open. It tasted alright. Then again I am more used to the fat assery that are american sodas.


And just when thinns were getting normal, you see some weird stuff.


Didn't know you could drink aloe vera.

Mmmmm mung beans.

I wonder what this says? I don't speak or read an ounce of Korean, however that picture looks delicious.



I was tempted to buy this,  an actual durian, but Andrew Zimmerman (Bizarre Foods guy for you non fatties out there) has made me mortal fear this fruit.


There goes the wifey modeling with some mushrooms.

Of course no foreign market would be complete without tons of noodles.





I have no idea what is in this box......?


Great trip, next time I won't be such a wuss and try some other stuff.



Then again maybe not..............



No comments:

Post a Comment