Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Nacho Casserole


The other day I got a craving for nachos. After eating them, it didn't go away fully. While sitting with my little brother an idea popped up in my head.

Guys and Gals, I present,
Nacho Casserole

First thing to do was of course buy the ingredients. I am a simple person, so I did not have many ingredients, this dish can be customized to taste. Yes that is Cheerwine in the background.




First thing I did was open the ground beef, season it and line the bottom of the tray with it. [I discovered something about this, more on that later]



After getting the beef in the dish, I then coated it with a nice thick layer of cheese.


Now while this was going on, I had another pot on the stove. What was in it you ask? Nothing but that BACON...................with some jalapenos.





I let it cook down till the jalapenos were soft and the bacon somewhat crispy  It smelled soooooo good with the jalapenos in it.




After the bacon was done I  dumped in and spread on top. A layer of crushed tortilla chips were added in on top of the bacon


After that on went another layer of beef, and more cheese, this time White Queso. [Yes I know queso means cheese, but dammit that is what called on the label lol]




After the white cheese went down I sprinkled more of the bacon/jalapeno mix on top the coated that with yellow cheese.



Finally I added one last layer of crushed up chips.



Sideview of things. See how the ground beef is sticking up? Yea, that should have caught my attention....



Into the oven it went for 40 mintues at 350, no pics of that,  I am sure you know that an oven looks like.


IT'S DONE ZOMG.




It was grea i f I do say so myself and I do. However I made a few mistakes. First off since I did not cook the ground beef prior I ended up with tons of grease from the meat . Also while the bottom ground beef was done through all the way the middle layer was almost raw in some places. I had to put it back in the oven. Next time I will also cook the bacon in the oven and crispy it up as well as using a food processor to grind up the chips. to get a more even coating. I will also use more ingredients  such as salsa, a smidge of sour cream, more cheese, more peppers.

As I said before this has lots of ways to customized it. For those of us who  don't eat beef, turkey or chicken could easily be subbed in, as well as salsa, sour cream, chives etc. So it can definitely be made to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment