Thursday, February 27, 2014

Miller Fortune I Can't Believe It........

Some of you may have seen this new beer pop up on shelfs. Miller fortune. If you are like me you most likely passed right by it without giving it a second thought because it is Miller brand. We know Miller mostly for Miller LiteMiller High Life, aka shitty beer. (though lesser known for brand Blue Moon which is honestly pretty good) However I received a text from someone who had picked up a case. This text came from a reliable source and it heavily suggested I go and try it right away. Admittedly I was skeptical but I know sir Phlip shares similar tastes to mine so the next time I was in Kroger I decided to pick up a six pack. 

The first thing I noticed that the package was attractive as were the bottles. I also noticed it was surrounded by its piss water brethren. This did not make me any more hopeful. None the less I picked it up for $6.99 with my Kroger card and was on my way. Most of the time when I try a new beer I go straight home pop the tab and start to swig. Not this time. I put two bottles in the fridge and went to work out forgetting about them. 

After I came back from getting my swoll on and cooking I decided to have one with dinner. I popped the tab and took a sniff. To my surprise it smelled good, like an actual beer. Not yellowish brown water that happens to have a slight beer flavor. I took a sip and.........




This beer is fantastic! It is smooth, crisp. If you like blue moon or yuengling you will like this beer. Now if you are a beer snob who can tell the difference between the different kinds of hops used to brew a certain beer then keep walking. The rest of us beer drinkers who just like a good beer will be pleased. I googled it and apparently it is supposed to be bourbon flavored.  My pallet is not that distinguished, though Phlip did mention he detected a bourbon flavor. Under $8 this could be considered a cheap beer by some which would  make it a 5/5 for cheap eats reviews. 

I cannot stress enough GO GET THIS NOW!

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a distinguished beer pallet, and my beer of choice is the piss water Miller Lite (what do you want? I'm from Milwaukee and we drink...a lot), but I really did like this beer. I could also taste the bourbon notes immediately. It actually reminded me a lot of Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown, but toned down enough you could drink more than one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i only started drinking beer in the last year so my pallet is FAR from distinguished. Beer snobs should look elsewhere but I like it. It is a good try on Miller's part.

      Delete